Vendor Payments

DJs – Rock & Roll Hotel

When will I get paid?

You will be paid within two weeks of your gig date.

How  will I get paid?

You will be paid via Paypal, Venmo, or check. Your payment will be sent to the handle you provided at

Why don’t I get paid cash at the end of the night?

Bear Nonsense/Joe Tresh Photography, Inc., is under contract to hire the DJs and promote Friday nights at Rock & Roll Hotel as Bear Happy Hour at Rock & Roll Hotel. We do it this way so that Bear Nonsense can schedule local DJs from our community. DJs are independent contractors of Bear Nonsense.

Bear Nonsense is not a cash business. Bear Nonsense does not receive a cash payout from Rock & Roll Hotel. As such, Bear Nonsense bills Rock & Roll Hotel with an invoice. Rock & Roll Hotel pays Bear Nonsense via check. Sometimes this payment takes weeks.

Bear Nonsense has promised a guaranteed amount to DJs within two weeks, regardless of payment or payout by Rock & Roll Hotel.

How much will I make?

Creative compensation is $150 guaranteed for each 4-hour performance (one DJ). While not anticipated, Rock & Roll Hotel may need to reduce the length of scheduled performances because of local sound ordinance issues. If they reduce a performance length after the performance has started, you will receive full compensation. If they schedule a shorter performance prior to the performance start, the creative compensation will be: $100 for 2 hours, or $125 for 3 hours.

If DJs split the gig, they will need to explain how they want the payment split so Bear Nonsense can pay each person directly.

Why will you send me a 1099-MISC if I make $600 or more?

The IRS requires that businesses file Form 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income, for each person who has received “at least $600 in… Services performed by someone who is not your employee (including parts and materials) .” This is required by law.

You are required to declare all of your income, regardless of whether you receive a 1099-MISC. The IRS requires Bear Nonsense to send you a 1099-MISC if you make at least $600.

Your complete contact info and tax ID number (social security number) will be required before you can start any gig that will bring you over that $600 threshold.